Think It Into Existence!
“Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” -Michael Jordan
I am truly excited to share with you a concept that has had a big impact on my life. My mom always tells me “if you want to achieve something you have to think it into existence. Don’t allow yourself to have negative thoughts because they will be apparent in your actions. Always think positive!”
Giving Up Before The Battle Begins
I used to find myself thinking negatively about things such as my appearance and as a result, I had low self-esteem. I had negative thoughts about my capabilities in school assuming that I would fail a test before I even had a chance to look at it and therefore I would not perform as well as I could have. During spring track, my mind was set on the idea that I was the slowest runner in the whole group and that is exactly what I became. Think about it, if you wake up in the morning and your initial thought is “oh my goodness, today is about to be a terrible Monday!” then you are going to go through your day looking for bad things to happen in order to prove your theory correct. If this is your mindset then you will definitely succeed in having a horrible day.
Changing That Negative Mindset When I finally took my mother’s advice I instantly noticed a change in the way I felt because I was genuinely happier. Whenever I catch myself starting to think negative I use these tactics to stop those thoughts right in their tracks!
1. Save inspirational quotes on my phone to look at throughout the day.
2. Listen to my favorite music to put me in a good mood.
3. I sit there and force myself to laugh…and then I really start laughing at how silly I feel for forcing myself to laugh.
4. I call my mom or my sister and have a nice conversation to take my mind off of negative thoughts.
5. I look for the positives in current situations then tell myself to be thankful for them.
I guarantee if you change your thought process to a more optimistic mindset you will feel like a new person. You will be happier, more confident and you’ll feel like you can accomplish anything!